Floating cranes made by Gottwald are the ideal choice for cargo handling on waterways with few quays or none at all or if capacities have been exhausted:
• based on proven Gottwald Floating Harbour Crane technology
• for cargo handling independent of quay availability
• designed for ship-to-ship or ship-to-quay handling.
One Single Idea – Many Fields of Application
Gottwald floating cranes are mobile and can be used:
• in rivers (mid-stream transhipment)
• in ports
• in protected waters
• in coastal waters
• on the open sea.
Proven Floating Harbour Crane Technology on the Water
Gottwald Floating Cranes combine Mobile Harbour Crane technology with a barge and can be designed as:
• Harbour Pontoon Cranes: the crane is on a pedestal mounted on an individually designed barge.
• Portal Harbour Cranes mounted on a barge: with this special type of crane, the barges have rails upon which the HSK can be travelled thanks to its rail-mounted portal. This enables the crane to service several holds without warping the barge.
The numerous variants are developed to meet the requirements of the specific fields of application.