Maximum mobility, compact design, ready for use at any accessible point in the terminal – Gottwald’s Mobile Harbour Cranes mounted on rubber-tyred chassis are an outstanding feature of cargo handling:
• designed to handle all forms of cargo (containers, bulk, general and project cargoes)
• with radii of up to 56 metres and lifting capacities of up to 200 tonnes to ensure maximum versatility
• conceived for use in both universal and special-purpose terminals.
Ready for Use at any Accessible Point in the Terminal
Gottwald’s Mobile Harbour Cranes are adapted to cope with the tough conditions encountered in ports. The innovative, robust axle concept, which enables all the axles to be individually steered and includes large tyres and vertical compensation of up to +/- 250 mm, provides the following benefits:
• easy maneuverability through bottlenecks
• easily surmounts obstacles, rails and uneven terrain
• crab steering and remarkably tight turning circle to enable accurate positioning on the quayside
• safe and reliable travel to the next quay even in storm-force winds.
The Benefits of a Tyre-Mounted Chassis
• Gottwald’s Mobile Harbour Cranes offer flexible, high-performance solutions for equipping new terminals and for extending and refurbishing existing installations.
• Being able to travel the crane quickly and easily to its new site guarantees optimum mobility, reduces the number of cranes required at the terminal and saves investment costs in rails and other quayside infrastructures.
• The diesel-electric drive offers not only a high degree of reliability coupled with low operating and maintenance costs, it also makes the crane independent of external energy sources. As an option, it is, however, possible to switch over to an external electricity supply.